Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Just the beginning

I have been inspired! Two years ago, I attempted to start a family blog. The intended readers were out-of-town family, friends who couldn't share in our day to day activities, etc. but cared, nonetheless, about the details of our lives. After 7 or 8 posts, I somehow lost interest or time in keeping the blog updated. Recently, though, a friend of mine started a blog - and it got me motivated! So, I'm back in action. This time, perhaps, with a better understanding of what I really want to accomplish through this blog.

My purpose is two-fold. I'm the mother of a toddler (Drew: thus the reason for the title of my blog), and my content will mostly be centered around life with my little one. So, my first goal is to provide humor, insight, and encouragement for anyone who is in this same stage of motherhood.

Second, I would like to use this forum as a way to hone my writing skills in order to pursue some sort of writing career. Whether it will translate into childrens books, magazine articles, devotional material, etc., who knows!

I do know this... God created me for a purpose. And He wants me out there doing what HE made ME to do. So, no time like the present.

No comments: