Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Family Portraits

For twenty consecutive years, our family has run (I use that term very loosely) a race called the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. And when we come home from the event, we have a family portrait taken in our Turkey Trot shirts.

I was hoping to use one of these pictures for our Christmas card this year. I love the first and last one, but I'm so totally entertained by the non-verbal communication between daddy and son in pics 2 & 3 that I want to send out all four.

So, here's a virtual Christmas card that shows you a little glimpse into how a 3 yr old boy can get a little out of hand, and how one look from a daddy can restore a bit of order to the portrait-taking process.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I get such a kick out of your blog :) Nothing like a good look from Daddy. Maybe David can give Ian lessons when the time comes!

Lora said...

Aww, Drew is adorable! When our girls were younger (and before digital photography) I'd snap at least a roll of film to capture the perfect one. It's fun to look back at all of them and see their funny expressions.

We've been out of town for the last week and upon return the post office had a wonderful prize box from you. The Tiffany paper is so elegant. I am officially set to do my Christmas thank you's. Thank you kindly for hosting the giveaway. Watching Drew pick the names was so much fun.

Blessings to you,
Lora