Monday, March 2, 2009

All His Bags are Packed, He's Ready to Go....

While cleaning out a closet yesterday, I came across Drew's suitcase. He was thrilled and immediately took off with the luggage in tow. After several quiet minutes had passed, I went searching.

"Where are you going?" I asked, when I found him busily working next to his dresser. "To Grandma's house! I packed all the things I'll need."


Apparently, a trip to Grandma's house these days warrants the following necessities:

11 shirts
5 pairs of pants (including Drew's favorite pair of soccer pants)
6 pairs of underpants
6 pairs of socks
2 pairs of shoes (1 pair of tennis shoes for running and a pair of flip flops for the "warm summer days")
1 pillow
6 stuffed animals
1 pair of soccer cleats
1 pair of shin guards
2 soccer balls
1 pair of soccer socks
1 pair of mittens
1 hat
1 hammer
1 drill
1 preschool workbook

Once all items were securely zipped up into the suitcase, he managed to lug it through the house and out to the garage. After his daddy helped him hoist his belongings into the car, he shut the door and came back inside.

Unfortunately, I neglected to unpack the car last night after he went to bed. So, this morning, I was forced to dress my son in the only clothing I could find... a short-sleeved shirt (hello, 30-something degree weather), a pair of just-a-little-too-short jeans, and socks.

When we pulled into Grandma's driveway this morning, I instructed him to "RUN FAST" to the front door. My mom opened her door to find a grossly under-dressed 3 yr old standing in front of a frazzled mommy with a suitcase, 6 stuffed animals, and 2 soccer balls in her arms.

"Y'all have a great day!" I offered.

With a cold "inside" day ahead of them, I bet that suitcase full of stuff should keep them busy (at least until lunchtime!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's so cute! sounds like he's a heavy packer like me! always prepared!

stop by my blog...i'm having a giveaway!