Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Not One of the Ten Commandments

We've been having some interesting theological conversations recently around our house. Drew has asked about heaven, talked more about God, readily recalled some of his Bible memory verses, etc.

I have realized that with a greater aptitude for understanding, we also have greater potential for misunderstandings about the God we serve and how He instructs us to live our lives.

For instance, yesterday morning I explained to Drew that we needed to finish breakfast so we could take the dog for a walk.

Under his breath I heard him mutter something about God. Intrigued, I asked him to speak up.

"God does not say 'TAKE WALKER FOR A WALK' in the Bible!"

(a long pause so that I could regain my composure)



"Yes, but God does say to obey your Mommy and Daddy, so hop to it, Mister!"

"Oh."

No comments: