Friday, February 6, 2009

Hide & Seek - I Chronicles 29:11b-12

This week, I'm seeking God's will by hiding the following verse(s) of Scripture in my heart:

I Chronicles 29:11b-12
"Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the One who is over all things. Riches and honor come from you alone, for you rule over everything. Power and might are in your hand, and it is at your discretion that people are made great and given strength."


We've started a new 7-week study at our church entitled "The Bottom Line: More Than Money" (Hey, you can click HERE if you want to listen for yourself).

The focus for now is primarily on financial discipline (which I NEED more than I care to confess to you); but more than that it's about how God wants me to acknowledge Him as the One who is over all things.

And even more than the financial implications of this Scripture, I want to remember the personal implications this holds for me as it relates to my family and my business.

My Child is His.
My Marriage...His.
My Future, My Talents, My Possessions...Yep, that's right.

Everything in the heavens and on earth is His.

No comments: