Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Good Sense of Direction

My son has a terrific sense of direction. We travel certain routes around town on a consistent basis, and even when the familiar places aren't in sight, he can correctly point in the direction of Grandma's house, our house, church, the doctor's office, the vet, etc.

The other day, my mom was driving around town with my son in the car. She had to run a few errands in an unfamiliar part of town, and Drew was trying hard to get a handle on their geographic location.

"Where is Grandma's house?"
"Where's Andrew's house?"
"Where are we going?", etc.


Once the errands were completed, they headed toward Grandma's house, and as my mom turned onto a street that she knew would be familiar to my son, she turned back toward his carseat and asked, "Now do you know where you are, Drew?"

A puzzled expression, then a few moments of silence...

"I'm right here, Grandma," he replied.

A good sense of direction and some logic. That's my boy!

No comments: