Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Obligatory First Day of School Post

I'm guessing that this post is as essential as the obligatory "We just had our first day of school" Facebook status. But, since it was MY FIRST first day of school with Drew (last year the hubby and I were in Guatemala for his real first day of school ever), I just had to share:



The above picture was taken Friday at preschool orientation. Drew had a blast. So much fun, in fact, that he couldn't sleep this morning past 6:30 a.m. By 6:45 a.m. he was dressed. At 7 sharp, he was sitting down, waiting for breakfast (and wearing his backpack while he ate).

The following picture was taken after a long day of playing hard on the playground. I'm pretty sure it's not all he did today, but it's all I could get out of him. Oh, except that his day was "Good! Oh very, very good, mommy!"

2 comments:

Two Shades of Pink said...

So adorable...I am seriously not looking forward to Cati's first day of school. It's the beginning of something that does not end and it just makes me sad. I really had not meant to be a downer on this comment. So...the boy is cute, loved your post, and loved that it is the first day of school picture on the second year. Made me laugh.

Christy said...

haha - I love the dangling lunchbox. Does he always keep it attached? :) Glad his first day went well!