Monday, April 19, 2010

The First Step Is to Admit You Have a Problem

My son woke up this morning, walked out of his bedroom and announced that the house smelled "kinda like IKEA".

My husband just stared at him, then glared at me.

"Could you please stop shopping with him so much??" he pleaded.

I tried to explain why my son could identify the difference between various retail shopping establishments based on their scent alone (IKEA was simple enough... I had just put a cinnamon raisin bagel in the toaster this morning which smelled like the heavenly cinnamon buns they sell).

But I think the damage was already done. No doubt my hubby remembered when I took Drew shopping a few weeks ago with $10 dollars of his own money to spend. And he bought clothes.

Hello. My name is Mom2Drew, and I'm a shopaholic.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

No mention that he's excited to be around his cousin so that he can borrow outfits???

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

Go Drew! Ikea rocks! And now we don't have to drive all the way to Orlando anymore do we???? Simply over the river and through the hood now...a hop, skip, and jump to the land of meatballs and cinnamon buns...oh yeah... and furniture.

Surviving 4 said...

Um, I'm about to wet my pants from laughing so hard - I can totally picture this!!! Hilarious :)

Anonymous said...

Wow that is too funny he is just like Janelle...she told me her favorite stores are Kohls and Publix..think bcause of free cookies...stores really know how to market ..thru kids...love reading your posts..you are such a Fantastic writer...Marilyn

Two Shades of Pink said...

Is there a meeting for this? I need to go. Pick me up 60 minutes before so we can get some shopping in.