Thursday, September 4, 2008

Debrief


Well, we're back from Guatemala. And I have to say that the adjustment process has been interesting. Filled with highs and lows. I'm grateful for hot showers and I'm disenchanted with television. I'm enjoying air conditioning in my home, and I'm not enjoying a house filled with the noises of only one child. While ordering my fast-food, I catch myself wondering what the orphanage could have done with that $6.

As someone who enjoys writing, my expectations were set high for some great "material" when I got home. Yesterday, though, I went out of my way to avoid this blog. I cannot find words to describe our time with the children of Amando Los Ninos. And I think that I'll just have to wait a few days to let the experience sift through my brain before the words can accurately capture the events that transpired.

For the time being, I'm loving the hourly pleas from my boy to "tell me some more stories from Gwa-wa-ma-wa!"

No comments: