Wednesday, October 1, 2008

In 9 years...

They go from this...



To this...



My nephew "K" is now 12 years old, and he's an awesome kid. And I am totally convinced that I'm NOT an awesome aunt, strictly due to the fact that I'm still using the word "awesome" in the year 2008.

When "K" was my son's age, my mother-in-law and I took him for his first visit to Disney World. It was the stuff of fairy tales, and his Baba and I STILL talk about it like it was yesterday. Great memories, great pictures, great stories... the Disney experience at it's best. As we left the parking lot of the Magic Kingdom, I remember asking my nephew what he thought about Disney World.

"That's one big world...." he replied, with a mixture of exhaustion and exhiliration.

We plan to take Drew to Disney for his very first time at the end of this year. And I'm stopping at the Peter Pan gift shop... surely they have something there that will prevent the next 9 years from hurrying by so quickly...

No comments: