Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A New Name

I need you to help me come up with a name. But first, I must warn you...

Some of the best advice I received when I was expecting our firstborn (Holy Cow, I am now qualified to label him as something other than our "only"...) was the advice NOT to discuss or ask opinions about baby names.

Once we decided on a name, 100%, we did share our choice with family and friends. But we tried hard not to allow anyone with a heartbeat and an opinion to help us through the baby-naming process. Because everyone with a heartbeat certainly does have an opinion... and when it comes to naming babies, EVERYONE seems more than willing to share their thoughts.

So... we've decided to begin the process of finding a name for our little one. The meaning of the name is really important to me this time around. And I have found a couple of really great options, names that speak to what this baby means at this time in our lives, what God's been teaching me through the process, etc. And when the time comes, I will be so excited to share our child's name with you.

In the mean time, I really do need some help choosing a new name....

For my blog.

I love being "Mom2Drew", but I fear what it might do to this new little one if I choose to ignore his/her existence in the title of my blog, right? So, I need some help. Get those creative juices flowing.

I hope we can have some fun with this. As an extra incentive, I'll make it a contest. The prize I have in mind is something ADORABLE from a friend who has the coolest monogramming business out there. But I still need to work out those details...

I'll bring you more on that later.

Until then, if you have a heartbeat and a keyboard, I'm awaiting your opinion!

7 comments:

Amber said...

I'll keep thinking, but my first impulse was a play on what you already have..."mom to 2"---i'll sleep on it though! :)

Anonymous said...

oh, blog names...i'm bad at this! i would love to change mine, too, but am having a hard time coming up with something. i'm going to be no help! sorry! i love your blog name now, but i can see why you'd want to change it for the future! i'll let you know if i have any ideas!

Christy Odom said...

When do you find out the sex of the new baby? That might make a difference in my creative process for your new blog name.

Jenny said...

Amber - love your idea, and I'd even considered something similar... and Christy - good point.. we're definitely going to find out the sex of the baby, so we'll keep this conversation open for a while.

Meanwhile, keep the ideas coming if inspiration hits!

The Valenzano Family said...

I also thought of Mom2Two... do you have a fun name that you call Drew and the baby right now [aka, the pea, or peanut or something] one of my friends has a girl and a boy and uses " The Princess and the Pea" so maybe you could do something like "The prince and the peanut" until you have the baby. Then based on the names you could update again after.

Christy said...

I thought of something like "Along the Journey" which doesn't sound right, but something similar because you are always portraying what GOd is teaching you along the way. I also thought of "Drew x two!" :) :)

Karen Hodgson said...

Mom 2 Blessings... as 2 children are your blessings!!! :)

Good luck with the idea of a name...

I look forward to hearing what you have planned... :)