Wednesday, July 1, 2009

In The Middle of His Night...

... He watches the lightning flash through the cracks in the blinds and listens for the accompanying thunder.

He is scared. He is unsure. He feels unsafe over there...in his room... by himself.

He doesn't sit in bed contemplating the storm. He doesn't try to brave it on his own. He doesn't worry about whether he'll be a bother.

No, he just runs.

Those little bare feet hit the cold tile floor hard as he sprints through the darkness.

He leaps into the familiar big bed and nestles under the protection of his father's arms. And he promptly finds rest.

Oh, that I would always do the same.


Psalm 91 (New Living Translation)

1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I trust him.
3 For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from deadly disease.
4 He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
nor the arrow that flies in the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful correlation and scripture to tie it all together with! i love a good summer storm, but my son would disagree!

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog and I love you!
xo
Jennifer N

Amanda Hammett said...

Beautiful!! And congratulations on becoming Mommy to a baby girl!! Drew will be such a great big brother!! I miss you!!