Monday, June 2, 2008

Mommy's Birthday


I recently celebrated my "thirty-something"th birthday. Having just celebrated his own birthday in a BIG way, Drew was ecstatic to wake me up at the crack of dawn to wish me a "Happy Birthday, Mommy!"

My poor husband hadn't been able to do much in preparation for my special day, as he'd just undergone knee surgery and couldn't walk or drive, etc. Drew wasn't letting him off the hook, though.

"Where are all the balloons, Daddy?"
"Where are the streamers?"
"Did you buy a cake?"


When Daddy confessed that he had done nothing of the sort, Drew grabbed my cell phone off the counter, brought it over to me, and said, "Call Grandma, Mommy! She has all these things!"

How sweet that he wanted to ensure my birthday had all the familiar festivities. He was right, too. We went to Grandma's house later that day, and all the decorations were just what he had hoped for - balloons, streamers, cake, presents, etc.

The real icing on the cake, though, was when we asked Drew, "How old is Mommy today?"

"Twenty and a half!"

Oooo... I love that little boy!

No comments: