Friday, October 3, 2008

If I Knew What Was Coming...

To the very kind yet slightly-androgynous-looking young lady who served us our sandwiches yesterday:

Please accept my sincere apologies. Personally, I think your hair looks very cute in that short, spiky style.

In fact, I wish that I could pull off the "baggie jean shorts and athletic jersey" look with the same flair.

Your tattoos and piercings speak volumes about your desire for creativity and self-expression.

My son certainly meant to cause you no embarassment when he inquired in his "outside voice" whether you were a boy or a girl. Several times in a row.

Although your frequent diner benefits are tempting, I hope you understand that I will not be visiting your establishment again anytime in the near future. At least, not without a roll of duct tape...

Sincerely,

mom2drew

2 comments:

Emily said...

oh, i am laughing out loud! Maybe i wish that Austin wasn't talking yet...

MindyMac said...

That is truly classic! I love it! It's like when my friend's daughter observedin the grocery store (with her outside voice," MOM, THAT LADY IS REALLY FAT!" Kids....