Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Pantyhose Saved The Day!


When I gave birth to my son, I realized that I had forever lost a certain amount of dignity in the "birthing experience". More of my pride/ego was forfeited when Drew began talking. (One time, in a restaurant bathroom, he remarked with enthusiasm, "Mommy, I like your underwear! It's bee-you-tee-ful!").

Today, I was once again reminded that I should expect no level of modesty or decorum when I have my three-year-old at my side. Standing in line at our favorite lunch spot today, I proceeded up to the register to order our food. As I leaned forward to give the man our order, Drew grabbed the bottom of my dress and flung it high into the air. As I felt the cool draft, I silently prayed that there weren't too many people standing behind us in line. Well, six people isn't really THAT many when you think about it. Except when five of them are businessmen in suits and ties and the other one is the YOUTH PASTOR FROM YOUR CHURCH!!!

My only saving grace today is that I'm wearing pantyhose!!!! And the good ones - the control top kind that try their best to keep everything smooth and in place.

I think that pantyhose are going to become a priority in my daily wardrobe. At least until Drew stops thinking that my underwear are "Bee-you-tee-ful" enough to share with all our fast food friends!

No comments: