Monday, March 10, 2008

Show Me the Money


My mom took my son to a local playground today. He's so good now at climbing and playing on all the equipment - it's amazing to watch. We've also noticed that his "imaginative play" has really taken off lately. So, the following scene unfolded as Grandma and Drew were playing at the park.

Under the covered picnic area, there are several ledges for placing drinks, snacks, etc. So, Drew decided to make one of these ledges his "fast food restaurant". After Grandma ordered grapes (mulch), carrots (more mulch) and some chicken nuggets (yep, mulch), she handed my son some money (a leaf) to pay for her meal. Quite willing to suspend reality when handing her fruits and vegetables, he wasn't so happy to oblige her creativity when it came to the cash. He looked at her and said, "Grandma. That is not money. That is a leaf."

Knowing how adorable she thinks he is... I'm guessing that real money exchanged hands at the "drive-thru" window today. Maybe I can get him to take me out for some chicken nuggets!

No comments: