Tuesday, June 23, 2009

And Now I Need a Nap!

Whew! I'm not sure I remember a busier week than the one we just wrapped up. And I'm pretty sure I can't remember a week that was full of so many blessings heaped one right on top of the other.

I hope you'll allow me the opportunity in this post to THANK YOU for your comments and support after reading about Liam, that little boy from China who is now so much closer to coming home to his family in Florida!

Between the garage sale and the success of the bracelet sales, I can happily report to you that the family raised almost $6,000 LAST WEEK! Praise God! Isn't that amazing?

I want to share a few brief stories and pictures from the past week, so here goes:

The Yard Sale Fundraiser:
The temperatures on Saturday were absolutely scorching, but we didn't care. It was an awesome time of fellowship and fun as we got to talk with hundreds of strangers about the family God has chosen to bring home an abandoned orphan from half way around the world. Here's one picture taken of David and me at the event:



I always love working alongside my husband - and after watching him complete 5 wks of the P90X workout program, I pretty much volunteered him all day long for the heavy lifting jobs. Suffice it to say, my husband doesn't necessarily LOVE working alongside me!

So many of you emailed me, donated your own items to sell, came and shopped on Saturday, offered to email your own distribution lists, and most importantly promised to pray! It is awesome to be a part of a community of believers who have such generous hearts. THANK YOU! Sometimes I wonder if, at times like these, we begin to experience a little of what the Early Church looked like in Acts. (from Acts 2:42-47 in the Message: And all the believers lived in a wonderful harmony, holding everything in common. They sold whatever they owned and pooled their resources so that each person's need was met. They followed a daily discipline of worship in the Temple followed by meals at home, every meal a celebration, exuberant and joyful, as they praised God. People in general liked what they saw. Every day their number grew as God added those who were saved.

VBS:
Saturday's fellowship was just the icing on the "Week O' Fun" cake. Because for the previous five days, our church hopped aboard the VBS "Boomerang Express", where more than 500 kids learned daily that "it all comes back to Jesus". This was Drew's very first year to participate, and he loved it every bit as much as I hoped he would. The following picture was taken on "Crazy Hair Day" with his cousin:


On Friday evening, all the parents were invited to Family Night, where we were entertained with cheers and songs and the obligatory "sliming" of the Children's Pastor. (The kids turned Pastor Chris into a human Sundae because they reached their missions offering goal - woohoo!). This was Drew's ON STAGE debut, and nothing could have thrilled this momma's heart more than watching my son enjoy absolutely every second of performing up there. He may look exactly like his daddy, but there REALLY IS a part of me in that kid!

Sun, Sand and Swimming:
During our down-time (ha!), we managed to squeeze in a few hours here and there for Drew and my niece & in-laws to just enjoy some "Florida-style" fun:





I'm going to attempt to upload some videos in the next few days, because I haven't even mentioned the MAJOR SWIMMING-RELATED FEAT that was accomplished on Father's Day.

As I look back on the past week, my heart is just swelling with joy (and my ankles are, too - but I'm pretty sure that's just water!).

God bless,

No comments: