Monday, March 8, 2010

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Brilliant. Yesterday, I decided to stop and smell the roses along our bicycle route. And because it was such an enjoyable experience, I just assumed that I'd be as equally inspired by a day of "Listening" to the beautiful sounds around me.



Just Brilliant.



I kept Drew home from school today due to a skin rash. He was feeling fine and bored out of his mind. So, the soundtrack to my day was whining, begging, cajoling, pleading, and just plain talking.



One thing I learned from all that listening is that my preschooler is a professional talker. He never stops.



That is, until his little head hits the pillow at the same speed his body has been running all day.



And - just like that... the chattering soundtrack abruptly screeches to a halt and is replaced with the lullaby of heavy breathing. He is sound asleep and all is quiet.



Right now... my ears hear the quiet clicking of my fingers against the keyboard... and "24" has just gone to a commercial break in the other room.



Perhaps, if I end this post quickly, my hubby and I can sit on the couch and listen to the quietness of a house all tucked in for the night.


Now that sounds just perfect to me.

No comments: