Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday, Monday. Can't Trust That Day.

Good morning! Good morning! Good morning! Time to get up, buddy.
We have a lot to do!

Mommy just realized that I am supposed to bring your classroom snacks for the whole week today!
I know, how silly of me to forget, you're right!
We have to stop by the store on the way to school and pick something up, ok?
Yes, you can wear shorts sleeves and short pants today.
Yes, you can stay for lunch bunch. In fact, that's an excellent idea.
Eat your breakfast.
The dog is eating your breakfast!!!
No, you can't have an ice cream sandwich instead.
I know I let you do that one time, but in hindsight, it wasn't such a great idea.

OK, in the car everyone.
Yep, you're right. She DID just make a dirty diaper. Wait in the car, buddy. I'll be right back!
Alright, little one... clean and...
Oh, you aren't done. OK.
What buddy?
Oh, your lunch box for lunch bunch! I'll get it.
Back to you, little lady. That does it. Clean diaper and we're off!

Yes, Drew, I think we will be a little late to school, but we need to pick up some snacks for your class.
Of course we can buy snacks that start with the letter "T". Great idea.
Why are we turning into the store? Don't you remember. Snacks. Your class. Yes, how silly of you to forget.
Stay close, please.
Oh, look... Teddy Grahams DO start with the letter "T".
Let's just grab the milk and pay for the....

Where's my check card?
Hold on, I know it's here somewhere.
Nevermind, I'm assuming you'll take cash? Great!
Ok, everyone back in the car.

Ssh.. I'm on the phone. Yes, I need the listing for Chili's restaurant.
Hello, I was at your restaurant for dinner last night and think I forgot my check card.
Yes, my name is Jennifer and it's a blue card.
What bank? Uhhhhhh..... Well, yes, you're right. I really should know that off the top of my head. I'm assuming you have it, though? Great. I'll be by later this afternoon with a photo ID to pick it up.

No, buddy. We're definitely not the first ones to school today. We're about 20 minutes late.
Well, we're first in line because all the other cars have gone home.

Oh, look! There's your teacher!
Hi, sorry we're late today. I just have the class snacks here in the car and just need to hand them off to you.

What's that?
Oh, you don't say.
So, it's Cole's mom's week to bring snacks, not mine?
No, no! That's fine!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenny I read your blog with tears in my eyes from laughing...remember those days with four kids...It is too funny..take care and keep on writing.. love ya Marilyn T

Sharon said...

I just can't stop laughing! I am picturing it so vividly. Thanks for posting.
Sharon

3 chicks and a dude said...

you crack me up!

Surviving 4 said...

Yep... Been there and done that! Glad to know I'm not alone!!!!! So, so funny, my friend. I needed a good laugh. (Hey, at least your pain made for a good blog, right?)

Christy Odom said...

Oh, that sounds like some of my mornings! I am glad I am not alone but am sorry that you had such a Monday.

Two Shades of Pink said...

This was laugh out loud funny!