Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I promised a few good stories from the VBS (Vacation Bible School) we participated in last week.

In case you don't have a five-year old boy in your house, or it's been a while since yours was my son's age... I might need to offer some sort of warning about the subject matter of this post.

In case you have a five-year old boy in your house, or the memories stay fresh even years later... you probably won't even blink an eye.

We were driving home midweek from another fun day of games, crafts, activities and Bible stories, and I asked Drew how his class went.

"Great!" he said. "Although, I think I did have a lot of gas today in my tummy."

"Um. Why."

"Because I certainly was farting a lot."

"Oh, Drew.... that is not good at all. It's a very rude thing to do!!!"

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Mommy... what does RUDE mean?"

"It means to not be polite. When you're polite, it makes the people around you happy."

"Oh, well then, Mommy, I was being polite because it made LOTS of people happy!!!"

"I was not referring to the other five-year old boys, son."

"Oh..."

Needless to say, I dropped my son off the next day with a more humble demeanor and a quiet "thank you" for what the teachers of the Kindergarten class go through for three hours each day.

2 comments:

Two Shades of Pink said...

Gasp! I am in shock at such behavior!!! Such language! I mean I have girls SO I can not relate AT ALL! Nope. Not me. Not when Cati informs every child in the pool at the Y that she just "burped out of her boom boom." Not humiliating at all. Not the least of which is the fact that I have not gotten around to giving her a better term to refer to her derriere. This post made my day. Funny stuff, sweet friend. Funny stuff.

Cheryl said...

Hysterical!