Monday, August 18, 2008

Word of the Week 5

This week's amazing adjective was suggested by my dear friend and talented author of the blog Surviving 4. (click HERE to be thoroughly entertained).

The word is LUGUBRIOUS (pronounced loo-goo-bree-uhs). Enjoy using it in a sentence this week.

Last week's W.O.W was abecedarian. It's pronounced, A-B-C-darian and defines "a person who is learning the alphabet." It can also be used as an adjective to describe anything arranged in alphabetical order or anything elementary or primary. Oh, and I need to give proper credit to my soon-to-be sister-in-law who already knew what last week's word meant. I'm still VERY impressed!

So, let's see... my little abecedarian's favorite activity lately is singing the alphabet "right, then WRONG!" Nothing pleases him more than a lively chorus of the ABC's, where the letter "W" makes an all-star appearance at least 16 times. "A B C D E F W, H I J K LMNO-W, Q R S, T U V, W X Y W Z!"

I'm already prepared for the first note home from his concerned preschool teacher...

No comments: