Monday, November 10, 2008

Tying Up Loose Ends...and some other stuff

Sometimes, when I don't feel like cleaning my house...
(Hmm...In an effort to be more transparent, I need to start over.)

I NEVER EVER feel like cleaning my house. But when the need for order becomes necessary, I have been known to grab a big bucket and run through the house collecting all the "stuff" that needs to be put back in it's place. Sometimes the "stuff" finds it's way back to it's proper home. On most days, it just stays put in the bucket - but that's better than scattered in 27 different locations, so I count it as progress.

Today, I feel like I need to run through my blog with my big bucket and gather a few loose ends.

First, we only have a few weeks left until our 100th blog post party. I'm excited to share that I have a giveaway!!!!!!!! You see, if I've learned anything since starting this blogging adventure, it's that people LOVE free stuff!!! And the BEST part about the giveaway is that it will give me an opportunity to introduce you to someone who's been an amazing friend to me for more than 20 years. But more on that later...

Second, I want to thank you all for thinking about and praying for Drew. Several of you shared your concerns and thoughts since my post about his headaches. We're so grateful that he has not experienced another headache since the doctor's visit - yey! Since migraines are common among several of our family members, we're hopeful that his little bout was related instead to sinuses or perhaps an allergy.

Next, a wonderful friend pointed out something that I know you won't want to miss being a part of. If you don't read the "Bring the Rain" blog, I encourage you to clear your calendar for a few days, head over to her site, and start from the beginning. If you are a fan, you have already seen Angie's awesome 7-prayers format for praying for your kids. Well, I'm so glad she made a button - which I'm putting up on my blog today.
(Click on it to link directly to Angie's post)


Finally, I am headed to my mom's house today to search for the "Punk/Pop" Halloween costume picture that you are not going to want to miss! (UPDATE - I found it.. scroll down or clink on the above link to check it out!)

No comments: