Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cleaning Products.. the sequel

I don't know why this seemed so funny to me.

But after posting about our blessed mess yesterday, I just had to share what happened when my hubby came home.

The first thing he noticed was a bit of sticky residue on the floor below the kitchen counter. I grimaced as I watched him get down on his hands and knees to clean up the portion of spilled milk that I apparently missed.

He then went into the bedroom to say hello to our son (I'd banished Drew to my room to watch cartoons so I could have a moment of peace... your "tsk..tsk...bad parent comments can commence now!). He emerged, announcing that the boy had eaten something and now there were apparently crumbs all over the bed.

After dinner, my dear, patient hubby stepped out onto the porch to let the dog out. He returned carrying a cereal bowl and wearing a scowl. I remembered pouring cereal in that bowl several days earlier for my son, so I didn't even have to ask. What he'd discovered inside is better left to the imagination (but if you ever need a great science experiment, go ahead and mix Apple Jacks with milk and let the mixture sit in 80 degree temperatures for 2-3 days).

I just had to laugh as he wondered aloud how things can get so messy in the course of a day. And I realized that I had two options.

First, I could go on strike for a day and let him see just how disgusting things can get around here.

Or Second, I could become a little bit more vigilant about keeping the house in order.

Oh, or THIRD... I could start shoving everything into closets and under beds before he gets home to provide a illusion of order. That should work for a few days.

After that, the curdling milk would probably start to smell...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oo, oo - I vote for #3!