Monday, November 30, 2009

Heigh ho, Heigh Ho

It's back to work I go!

After almost six weeks "off", I walked into work this morning more like it was the first day of first grade!

I was so excited to have an excuse to dress up, wear nice shoes, apply some make up and engage in adult conversations that had nothing to do with the consistency of my child's last poopy diaper.

I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to work on a part time basis, and to have my dad as my boss. It's a great situation, and it works so well for our family.

(It also eases my conscience to receive multiple phone calls from Grandma, thanking me for the opportunity to rock a baby all morning!)

As I sit here at my "other" job, though, I have to tell you how grateful I am for the chance to wear sweatpants & flip flops, wash off the make-up, and watch "A Boy Named Charlie Brown" with my son.

While my daughter works on making a poopy diaper.

Guess that's my cue...
Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho!

No comments: