Monday, August 18, 2008

Hey, Fay!

It looks like Drew might get his first opportunity to experience a "Hurricane Party" this week as Tropical Storm Fay flirts with the west coast of Florida.

My hubby and I grew up near the coastal waters of the Sunshine State, so we've experienced quite a few impending storms over the past 30-something years. And we both have the same approach as those crusty Key-West fishermen types that they always find to interview as a hurricane approaches our state:

("Aye, I'm not worried, and I'm not leaving. I haven't evacuated this island in 87 years and I'm not going anywhere today!")

So, instead we celebrate by watching our local meteorologists make their predictions and get incredibly hyped up about the "Cone" and the "Spaghetti Models" and warn us all to Hunker Down! We play board games, read books, and watch the wind clean all the dead branches out of our trees. And if we don't lose electricity, we find fun games like the one below to play, as we enjoy a free day off from work and responsibilities.

So, enjoy the little activity below - see you on the other side of the storm!

86 words

Speed test

2 comments:

Christy said...

wow you are fast! I tried this and totally thought I typed faster than it said I did! How depressing.:)

Christy said...

wow you are fast! I tried this and totally thought I typed faster than it said I did! How depressing.:)